Skip to main content

Squirrel Talk


There is a tree close to the side door of my house, it is a red oak. The leaves stay on very late into the fall, sometimes they don't really drop until close to Thanksgiving. It is a great tree, and last year I had it trimmed and spruced up to help it stay healthy and live long. As Radar and I stepped out of the door yesterday afternoon I heard a noise, it was almost like a quacking, sounded maybe like a bird, I wasn't sure what it was but it was persistent. I stopped, Radar as usual was quiet, listening himself, I figured out the noise was coming from the tree, and then I spotted this squirrel, it was in the crook of the tree, and looking right at us. I looked back, and the noises that came out of the mouth of the squirrel, my jaw dropped. This squirrel had much to say, I have no idea what it was, at first I thought we were being scolded for entering his/her territory, then I thought he/she might be singing a fall song, then I landed on the squirrel was just giving praise for the great tree. After about 5 minutes of one-sided conversation Radar and I got in the car - headed for the Muddy Pig. Animal Talk in the city.

Comments