Skip to main content

February Brilliance and Absentee Ballot


Although the light is getting longer, the weather is an ever present reminder that we are still in the deep of winter here in Northern Maine. The temperatures still have wide swings that include deep freeze temperatures.  In the midst of this I have been sorting and packing clothes, hats, and shoes for warm weather.  There have been lots of meeting and a general push to complete what needs to be done before I take the bus to Boston and then head west and then south.  

 After several trips to the town office I completed my absentee ballot today.  I will be on Amtrak Lake Shore Limited no television my Super Tuesday ballot already cast.   An adventure in the making.   I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends in Chicago.  Art Museums,  good food,  maybe a play or some music....then off on the Southwest Chief.  

I have kindle books loaded up,  I have several books with paper pages, and a couple of knitting projects.  Spring Away time.  

But for now I have lots to do before the end of the month.  I am snuggled in and staying warm and when I am out and about I am bundled up well.   

I feel like this month has been a check list of "to do's" - a
Annual wellness exam - check.   Audiology appointment - check.  Hearing aid follow up - later this week.   UU Service - check.  Kitchen curtains - maybe maybe not.  Taxes - appointment to complete and file tomorrow.  

I don't seem to have much that I want to say.  The world of this president and the fragility of democracy as ever present, and I have no words right now.  Just VOTE.  

We are deep in the winter,  there is more light.  The snow comes,  the temperatures drop.  The sledding and skiing are good.  

I am moving towards Spring Away.  But right now I am snuggled in and ready to keep checking off the to do list.  

Lots to digest, it is only Tuesday.

Comments