Skip to main content

going forth, going on....

Brrrr....it was another cold one today!  Very frosty out there.  And Beautiful.   The morning started with an 8 a.m. zoom call,  it is the steering committee for the Katahdin Collaborative.  Jon comes over and we zoom together with the rest of the members.  We did some very good work this morning and as soon as the call was over I got ready to head outdoors!   Today I had my first check up of my hearing aids.  Yup, hearing aids.  I have these super duper you wouldn't believe the technology Widex hearing aids.  

My check up was in Lincoln, and that is a little less than an hour from my house.  The sky was so very blue,  the sun was brilliant, and the mountain was majestic.  I was feeling bad that I didn't stop to take a picture - and I found myself thinking about blogging today -- and in the absence of an amazing pic I wanted to share the feeling when I see Katahdin and the mountain range.  It grounds me,  it creates expansiveness within me, and I feel at home.  I have been having that feeling every time I look at Katahdin since my first glance in 2014.  What a surprise, and what a gift to have this visual magic right in my back yard.  

So having gotten my "Katahdin Boost" with the thermometer reading 5 degrees, I headed further down the road and out on I-95 south to Lincoln.  Smooth sailing, dry road, no blowing snow and of course no traffic.

Chris is my audiologist, he is great (just saying) he made a few "tweaks" and checked out everything.  I got the ok to move onto step 2 of amplification, and from here on I will just slowly become fully amplified.  I like that "fully amplified"....

and of course there is an "app", the Widex app allows me to turn up the volume if needed,  I have special amplification for listening to music,  I can point my phone and select  directional hearing so I hear the person across from me but not all the around me noise.  When my cellphone rings i hear the call from the Bluetooth feature in my aids.  I feel like a technological genius.  

My hearing was not so very bad,  I was losing "high frequency" -  I wanted my brain to not have to work so hard, and I wanted to hear the birds sing.  These hearing aids do just that.
So I was a happy camper leaving Lincoln, the ride home was easy and the temperature had risen to a big 12 degrees!   

The mountain was just as majestic, snow covering more than half and shining so brightly.  Not a cloud in the sky.  And home in time for lunch.  

The morning was about my hearing the afternoon about my massage.  Had a long massage, the last before I leave.  I got tightness, kinks, and and so much more taken care of, at least for right now.   It was so good to have the table with all of it's warming features providing me with a blanket of heat.  I forgot about the cold.  I thought about how the weather will be so different in less than two weeks.   I enjoyed the warmth, the touch, the deep pressure working out those taunt muscles.

Tonight I have my book handy and am looking forward to a little read.  Maybe a little tv, maybe not.

Tasks got done today.  It is warming up over the weekend.  Life goes on. Grief comes and grief goes.  Glad I noticed the beauty of today.

Comments