Skip to main content

Simple Pleasures

Today was the first days in many that my day did not have appointments, meetings, errands --- there was nothing besides just one "must do" task - and that was done with many hours to spare! 

I started my day by unexpectedly sleeping in, it was after 8 a.m. when i opened my eyes and saw that the sun was brightly shining. I know that may not be sleeping in for some of you -- for me it is and it was a treat.  I felt rested,  got up and made a cup of my most favorite tea and sat down to read the Bangor Daily News.   

 It was fun to read about the high school basketball tournament - Katahdin region girls team in the semi-finals, class C, and everyone is excited for them and the county has class d girls in their semi-final...it is what in the midwest is March Madness only it is February here.

Had a little  breakfast and then a good phone call - sent off the email that had to go out and felt the expansiveness of the day.

I have this wonderful very fun feature in my bathroom - thanks to Rick  a very good electrician and music lover.  He had to put a fan in my bathroom, and the lighting was bad - so he suggested the fixture that was equipped with Bluetooth and you  can listen to your favorite music ... 

Simple pleasure hot, hot shower - bright sunshine --- and Cris Williamson Radio on Pandora.   Scrubbing,  singing,  belting it out...no place to go, nothing that I had to do.  I just got happier and happier as the day went....

So, I have these new super duper hearing aids, and they have Bluetooth, so when I put them back in after my singing in the shower time and I shut off the light in the bathroom, all of sudden I was hearing my Pandora station through my hearing aids.  I thought it only happened with phone calls on my I-Phone, but it seems to work on some of my apps on the phone.  

I stuck the phone in my back pocket and started to do a few things on the "to do before I leave list" # clothes put away-yes  # new art hung in my room-yes #mail pile sorted out-yes.  All the while I have carried on singing and dancing and enjoying the day.  I haven't spent an entire afternoon listening to music in awhile and I loved it, it filled my soul,  it ignited fine memories,  it grounded me in myself and it just felt good.  

Now I am waiting for a few friends to come over for a glass of wine and a little visit.  I am ready.  I have the same "channel" playing on my speakers in the living room.  I am just going to go with the flow of my music day.   Bonnie Raitt is singing a sultry tune as I type and I am getting ready to join in at the chorus.

It is Friday,  a day a simple pleasure in a time when it can be hard to find and harder to let yourself lean into that simple moment.  I am grateful.  Who knows what tomorrow will be but I am going for a few more simple pleasures!  

Comments