Skip to main content

Snow Storm, Sunshine, List Making and More...



Well, it has taken me a few days to sort out how to get my fingers on the keyboard and what it is I want to say.    Here are a few takeaways from the last couple of days.  I am deeply saddened and somewhat terrified by the unleashed rage of trump, I live in the state where the republican senator said that trump had learned his lesson---well he has Senator Collins (he is right back to  "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters".  I don't know what it will take for people to really start listening and get behind Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar - we need women to be heard - I am also so very saddened that we are not hearing voices outside of Yang from people of color.  Goodbye to the caucus/primary system that we have today - here's to something better the next time around!  I have had several other wow just wow moments this week --- and they won't go into this blog.....

Despite the political upheavals, the retributions, the unleashed anger and rage I got myself ready for what became a pretty sizeable snow storm.  This time it continued the pattern of freezing rain, but the ice is hidden under about 12+inches of snow.  It did mean almost 2 full snow days - which I did really enjoy.

In this storm Spectrum customers (and I am one) lost internet, cable, phone.....amazingly it came back before I went to bed last night - ahhh - the feeling of being connected.  What happened in that time was good reading time. This book is very interesting in the historical fiction genre.  Chiaverin wrote Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker.  The book I am reading takes place starting in the very early 30's in Germany, it is well written and chilling as I read and can't help myself in feeling how similiar what was unfolding in Germany feels like today in our country.  I keep on reading and am fascinated about the ways she weaves in the lives of the five women who are the "resistance women" against nazi Germany. 



Besides reading on my snow days I started to get ready for my time away.  I laid out clothes, got out clothes and shoes that I wear here in the summer but will need for my trek to warmer climes.  I have a "bathroom bag" packed.  I am making my list and checking things off.  I am feeling good that my last days before I get on the bus will be open for spontaneity, visiting and fun -- so glad to eliminate the stress of not being packed!  

Simple tasks, lots of time to read, a few good phone calls,  more than several rounds of snow shoveling and some good food.  Not a bad way to spend a couple of days.  

Now I get to do a snow shoe time this afternoon.  Life is good.

Comments