Skip to main content

Owwww Infection in my eye duct!

Here I am in DC, had great meeting today. But an eye that was hurting more and looking worse each hour-bruising, swollen, sharp pain. After stop at pharmacy (I thought it might be the beginning of a sty or ???), then to the drop in optometrist, and then 2 phone calls with my eye doctor in Minneapolis! I have drugs, a diagnosis, it is a long name (meaning infection in the duct of eye) and the big problem is that this infection is very close to the brain....so I am under close watch, every 6 hours I am taking my antibiotic, and will be glad to be home later tomorrow night. Here's hoping for a good, speedy recovery. I am glad that everyone was so helpful to me today, and that my doctor many miles away was able to listen and respond to my needs. Lucky girl, I am.

Comments