Skip to main content

PHL to WAS via Amtrak

Before getting on the train at the 30th Street station in Philadelphia, I had a great conversation with the porter who was going to take my bags to the train. He said now that Joe Biden was vice-president, there may be hope for the trains. He has a vision that the entire country would be "electrified". We talked about the high speed train that is planned from Minneapolis to Chicago. I talked about wanting to take my grand-daughter Myah, who will be ten in April cross country on a train this summer, hoping to innoculate in her a love of the trains It made me think about Sasha and I going to San Francisco in the middle of winter, it was a big adventure, it holds stories and memories forever. I love the train, and was glad to have been on a train each day of the past 2, from Princeton Junction to Philadelphia, from Philadelphia to Washington, DC.

I had a good time, imagining Joe Biden, our vice-president, as he rode this very same route two times a day for many decades. A little more than 90 minutes from PHL to WAS --- 1st stop was Wilmington, Delaware....the train for me conjures up memories, and I only hope that our country can step up and like our European neighbors, embrace and understand how vital the railroads have been to the USA and how much we need the railroads as we move forward into the future.

Comments