Skip to main content

Winter Color

Most often when I am blogging I am sitting at my dining room table, and looking out the big glass sliding doors to the east. I love the time in the early morning where I start out with my cup of coffee in the almost dark, and then watch the sky, light, clouds unfold into another day. There is snow everywhere and this morning big beautiful pink horizon as dawn breaks. This is a time when I breathe more deeply. My mind has not unleashed itself, is more quiet. I more easily recognize how quickly a landscape can change and stay the same. I love this morning time. So different than the years of making school lunches, rushing out the door, everyone getting where they need to go. It is me that I am responsible for now in the morning. It is me that I am caring for as I begin my day. It is my breath that I pay attention to as it moves in and out, in and out. Breathe breathe breathe. What a wonderful way to start the day.

Comments