Skip to main content

Let There Be Light --- Oh and Then There is Water!

Best laid plans....
I had made a really good list this morning.  I am in the "things have to get done" mode.  I do not like to wait until the last moment.  

Today I woke up feeling better than I have for the past week.  No coughing, no headache, more energy.  

There just seemed like whenever I started something today,  another something happened.  It was all good.  I got phone calls this morning.  I remain happily surprised when I actually get a phone call vs. a text!   

I had phone time to do a little more planning for the Friends of Katahdin Woods and Water Open House that I am hosting on May 16th!  It is a fun event and it will really be spring!  

I know I have "moved into" my house as I now have piles in too many places.   I tried to attack a few of those.  With so so success.  

Then it was boots on and off to run a few errands.  Went to the post office.  Then off to Richardson's where I made my accessory list to my new propane gas grill.  My list includes a pizza oven, a pad for the grill to sit on, and an extra propane tank!  I am thinking that my first ever propane grill will be my go to cooking for summer.

It is so fun in the 5th month of winter to be planning for warm weather activities.  It is also great to imagine the folks at Richardson's driving up and setting up my grill spot on the south end of the house!

After my shopping trip I went to grocery store and promptly forgot to buy buttermilk!  That delayed my making of Irish Soda Bread.

After arriving home I steamed up a batch of organic veggies and had a big bowl of steamed veggies with Ume Plum Vinegar.  Yum....Yum....an  Ayurveda delight!  

Then once again, surprisingly more phone calls and knocks on the door.  Those lead to the discovery that water is running into my garage with no easy access out.  A makeshift ditch was dug.  A pole was rammed into the snow bank to create an access point.  Used wide shovel to push water into the ditch to get to the access point.  It worked, but still a big old icy and watery mess.  Not a crisis.  Tomorrow is more really warm weather (only by northern Maine standards - the high 40's) but with strong high in the sky sun, lots of melting.  

The good news not even damp in the basement.  

Off to the grocery again, I remembered the buttermilk.  Stopped at the hardware store and picked up a push broom to address more water flowing tomorrow.

The Irish Soda Bread is done.  The countdown has begun.  It is Thursday.  I have quite a busy weekend planned.  We'll see how the best laid plans go.

The light brings water.  My late March in Maine story for today.
 

Comments