Skip to main content

Moments that Felt Like Spring Today

I have been laying low,  I have "the crud"  which is probably an old fashioned cold.  A cough, aches, stiffly nose and generally low energy.  It has waxed and waned.  I am trying to do all the right things to move this along.  It feels like my body is just saying enough, my body, mind and heart have been stretched and stressed over these past months.  So I am focusing on taking care, being present, resting, and listening to how to help myself get better.

This morning started slowly a luxury of my retirement.   Before I even had a cup of tea the snow guy came,  moving the latest "dump" of white stuff.  While he was working away the sun just burst forth, it was beautiful and bright and felt warm.  

I went out and did all of the "clean up" shoveling. 

I felt those first moments of giddiness as the warmth seems to overcome the winter.  The sun was so warm,  the ground was a little soft and my shoulders were lowered and relaxed.   I dug out the oil pipe.  I got the garage cleared out next to the door so I can easily get in and out.  The "man door" entry cleared away.   Path to house cleared out.  

Then into the house for tea and breakfast.  I then went to the post office, had some good surprises in my mailbox.  Once home I settled into a few "to do's".

I got to have a few good phone calls today.  Then a few more things checked off the list.  A nap.  

A run to the grocery.  

Now I am settled in for an early evening.  It's a toss up go to sleep too early and then it is waking up too early.  

It is Monday.  It is March Madness.  March is one-third done.  

I hope I am more than one-third done with my cold.  Self care continues as does the lengthening of the sun.  

Comments