Skip to main content

Twists and turns of traveling home - not there yet!


What a twenty-four hours.  Last night driving back from the Memorial Service, the Boat House, and then supper at Swan's in Lambertville, NJ I got stuck on the hill of the street where I was staying at my Airbnb place,  someone did come along and he rescued me and the car really he did.  I got back to my place for the night.    I was so ready for sleep and off I went -- only to wake up around 4 p.m.  feeling really cold - no power.  The room was pitch black and very quiet no electrical hums.  I found my flashlight, yes I always carry a flashlight in my purse.  Found an extra blanket.  Power came back on around 5:30 a.m.  

During the night I had gotten a message from American Airlines saying that I could change my flight due to the weather.   After several phone calls I decided to just go for it.  I knew that there would be no more snow so I left the house around 9 a.m.   Went to a diner in New Hope, then drove to the airport.  It was easy good ride, and I handled the terrible NJ/PA drivers with little sweat!

I got to the airport in lots of time so I had a long phone call with Lonnie.  We had hoped to get together but it just didn't seem to work.  So after a we were full of our fine talk I went through security and into the airport.

I did some walking, a little browsing/shopping (didn't buy a thing!) , and a long lunch I headed to my gate. Soon they were asking for volunteers -- not because they were oversold but because of weight restrictions.  They offered a really good incentive for flying out in the morning.  So I said yes, and I was the first one on the list.  As it turned out I was the only person that they needed to not fly.  

So I called Lin in Bangor to let her know that I was not going to be arriving this afternoon.  I called Lonnie and we made plans for supper.  So not only did we have a great talk we got to have a whole big time together - face to face.  We could not quit smiling and laughing we were so happy to be together.

So I have a night at the 4 Point Sheraton,  I will leave at 9 a.m. in the morning.  It is Monday.  I have been in travel mode all day.  I am so very glad that I came to Irv's Memorial and then I got to see Lonnie, actually see her and hug and hug and make plans for a trip to Maine this summer!  

Tomorrow, all willing,  I will be home. 

Comments