Skip to main content

Preparation....

It was a sunny day here in Patten.  I am feeling better and spent the day doing things that I need to do to get me ready for my trip next week.  It is hard to for me to imagine that at the end of next week I will be in London.  

For today my making this real consisted of finishing up the individual planning cards I have made for each day.  They have options,  sights to see,  addresses,  good places to eat - and some fun ideas for each day in London. 

I finished my overnite kit for the plane -- earplugs, eyemask, blow up pillow, and arnica for jetlag.

At noon my new phone arrived.  I thought of this upgrade as getting a new camera.  So I am going to be able to take really good pics while vacationing!  I spent this afternoon doing all the necessary steps of the download and amazingly all has been transferred and all I need is my new protective case which will come on Friday in the mail.

I started laying out clothes imagining what to wear when it is in the high 50's or low 60's.  Thinking about what I want to wear while I am in this amazing old city that I am so glad to be visiting again.

Meanwhile in my little town in Maine,  I walked to the post office.  Lots of snow/ice pack had disappeared from the street. It is in the first stages of being a muddy mess.  This will be the first time that I am in Maine during "Mud Season".  I tried to look at more of what was happening than the emerging mud on the streets.  

The light is magnificent.  The angle of the light is so inviting.  The days are longer.  The sun had warmth today.  The snow is evaporating as well as melting.  My basement is dry.  

We are close to the half-way point in March!  We are half-way through the week.  Next week at this time I will be packed and ready to go!  For today,  I am here.  I am noticing the mud,  I am noticing the light,  I am noticing the sun higher in the sky.



 

Comments