Skip to main content

On my Way, March 1st.....

Turn the calendar,  enjoy the angle of the sun,  feel the warmth on your cheeks.  Watch out for puddles.  Remember there is lots of ice.  Pack lightly for my trip.  Don't worry about Monday's snowstorm.  

I left Patten late morning.  Stopped at the post office.  Made arrangements to have friends check in at the house.   Headed off to Millinocket!

Worked in the library this afternoon.  Went to the credit union.  Dropped off my things at Jane and Bill's and had a good visit.  Stopped and bought Allagash River Trip at Woods and Water.   Went to Dave and Anna's for supper and to meet Anna's parents and Dave's Mom who lives in Minnesota.  

Tomorrow I go to Bangor, get on a plane to Philadelphia.  Drive to New Hope, PA.   All in preparation of Irv's Memorial Service on Sunday.  

I want to be with Kathy and Irv's friends.  I want to hear those who will tell stories about Irv's life.  I want to honor and remember and feel whatever it is that I am going to feel about Irv's death.   I am looking forward to the drive from Philadelphia to New Hope,  driving into Lambertville and Stockton.  We I rode in the car with Irv in this area that was his home, he was a non stop story teller, throwing out his thoughts and opinions as we drove around these historical curving roads.  This area around the River is beautiful.  I am glad I am going.

So it is an early night.  Then an early morning.  Hoping for a smooth trip.  

It is Friday.  It is the first of March.  I am on the move!

Comments