Skip to main content

New Hope, PA




I started out my morning in Millinocket.   Jane Mary cooked me a delightful breakfast, with marvelous breakfast tea.  I shuffled myself into the car and went to Bangor.  At 9:00 a.m.  I pulled into the AAA parking lot, I picked up my travel packet for my trip to London in now less tha 3 weeks, and I bought 210.00 lbs. of UK currency.  Then off to the airport.  smooth ride and landing to Philadelphia.  Then  rental car to New Hope, PA.  A few wrong turns and I found my way to the airbnb .  Called Kathy---so much to say and hear...and a clear choice for cocktail and dinner!  I got an Uber and off I went to Martine's .  

It waa quite a wonderful time at the bar at Martine's.  Pro ably not the experience that Ir  would have had, but exactly the kind of place that both Kathy and Irv love --- I had an amazing experience at the bar --- it was authentic, it was very gay, it was an incredible moment of connecting with people that in all likelihood you will never meet again!  

All the time I was seating at the bar in New Hope, I could see the Delaware River.  Irv used to row on the Delaware.  I sent Kathy many pictures of my night there.  I imagined Kathy and Irv there.

I texted for my Lyft (something I dearly miss in the north of Maine) and this sweet woman picked me up and deposited at my AirBnB.   

I am going early tomorrow to meet Kathy.  I was so glad that we had good talk today.  I wish that I could make this all be different.  I miss Irve, I miss Irv for Kathy and Irv.  I am so glad that I left Maine to be here.

It is Saturday.  I have traveled well.  There is very little snow here.  It was 40+ degrees here.  Life does go on.

Comments