Skip to main content

Wrist Brace Makes for Wobbly Typing

I had a full day today.  One of the last things I did before I came home today was stop at our local drug store and bought a wrist brace.  For the past couple of days I have been noticing an increasing amount of pain in my right hand and wrist.  There were more times that I felt something was not ok.

So while at my annual physical exam I talked with my doctor about what was going on and how it felt.  The verdict is unclear, but carpal tunnel seems likely.  So I am trying a brace and will be going to OT.  Here's hoping that this will make a difference and that I can reverse whatever is going on with my wrist.  

Of course it is my dominant hand and now I get to try typing.  Good thing you can't see the results of my wobbly braced wrist.

Back to my full day.

It started with fasting.  So with only water to start my day I headed off to East Millinocket to have my taxes done by the AARP volunteers!  I was feeling very good after I had done  initial worksheets and forms and was pretty confident that I would be getting a refund.  This is the first time that I used the free tax service.  They were good.  In less than one hour I was in and out my taxes e-filed and a refund will land in my bank account in two weeks!

Then off to Millinocket Regional Hospital to have get blood drawn for tests that are a part of my annual exam.  

So glad to be done, it was late late morning and I was hungry and had not had my cup of tea.  Met Judy at the Scootic In.  Good visit, good lunch and happily a good cup of tea.

The entire morning I was buoyant.  Getting taxes done.  Blood work actually done before my appointment.  Pick up library book that came in yesterday from our inter library loan. Doctor appointment made and kept.  

I did get time to go see Anita and Mark.  I got in a good visit and I also got to see some new prints that Anita was working on.  These bird prints are printed on a metallic paper and they look fantastic.  I was already envisioning a few of them in my new house~!

Such an ordinary day.  One that I filled with gratitude.  Planned and chance connections with good friends.  Going to a Dr. and having it only be preventative.  Getting some tax money back.  Sun higher in the sky and warm on the cheeks, tempering the frigid temperatures.  Safe drive to and from.  

It is Thursday.  I am watching Women's Basketball on my computer.  March madness is beginning.  I made it through this blog bad wrist and all.....

 

Comments