Skip to main content

Memorial for Irv



We were all together along the Delaware River where Irv used to row.  There were flowers and more flowers, wonderful food, and Irv's favorite chocolate chip cookies that Kathy lovingly made last night.  It was a celebration of life and of love.  I was glad that I traveled so far to be there.  

It started to rain later in the afternoon and by evening tonight it was snow and 31 degrees.   I had to wait for another vehicle (A Jeep!) to come along on the road where I an staying at the Airbnb --- I could not go up the hill in the car, and backing down was not good either.   So this fine young man helped me out.  He got the car up to the flat part of the road,  I pushed it along as the front wheels just spun round and round.  I was so glad to park the car and walk into the house.  

I am not snuggled in for the night.  I am thinking of Kathy and Irv and the day.  I am hoping that I get to see my dear BFF Lonnie tomorrow.  We have several options - so we'll see.  I am checked into my flight.  I have arranged to stay in Bangor tomorrow night.  

I don't know what is happening in Maine right now but will find out soon enough.  Snow and more snow!  

It is Sunday,  it is the day that we remembered and honored Irv and the day that I crossed the Delaware!

Comments