Skip to main content

I Voted and Visualized

On Friday afternoon, after my roundtable was done, I took a walk up to the capitol and out onto the Mall.  There were parts of grounds near the capitol that were cordoned off - this was not homeland security, it was "preparing for the inauguration".  I stood and saw exactly where the next president will get sworn in, the sun was shining, the sky was brilliant blue, it was warm, there were green leaves on the trees, and I SAW Barack Obama right there.  Our President.  

Today I went to vote,  there was a line, people were talking and easy about the wait.  I loved getting that ballot in my hand, it has been so long to be at this place - and I am so glad to have cast my vote.  I saved my "I voted" sticker so I can wear it on Tuesday be in comradeship with all the other people who will vote.

Tomorrow I am doing phone banking.  Get out the vote.  Each day another step closer.  I am visualizing, I am doing what I can,  I am believing.  I have hope, and I have a vote.  It has been cast!

Comments