Skip to main content

There's No Place Like Home

I have spent a delicious Sunday Morning at home.  There have been snowflakes falling and it grey (it is November!) and a cold that reminds me that winter is not YET here.  This morning I watched Sunday Morning on CBS -  I could not remember the last time I saw it, but I could remember sitting with Grampa and watching on Sunday mornings as my Gramma was making Breakfast for us all in the kitchen,  I loved the end when they show pictures in nature mostly I think, and then there is the sounds...they still do it at the end, and I still have the feeling like being in church.  As I watched this morning I started working on a new felt hat --- listening and watching and creating and remembering!  What an expansive way to just be present, with it all.  Then as the designs on the hat became more vibrant and beautiful I listening to Krista Tibbetts interviewing Studs Terkel.  I grew up just outside of Chicago, and moved there as soon as I could after high school!  Studs Terkel was always there, him and and Mayor Daly -- so I had another set of rememberings as I listened to Studs Terkel talk about his interviews, the stories, death and life.  It touched my heart, another reminder about the power of our stories and the wonder of life, the magnitude of our place in the cosmos.  Great Morning in my home.  So happy to share it!

Comments