Skip to main content

Lots of Phonecalls

I spent the afternoon at the Obama Headquarters in NE Minneapolis doing phone banking, made over 200 calls.  Most where NO Answer, and we did not have to leave a message.  We helped people plan where, how, when they would go vote!  Perfect job for more as I am into visualizing these days, and most especially the outcome of this election.  Had a fun time sitting at my table, and watching people just come in one by one, in families, with the kids -- some volunteering, many picking up yard signs, everyone smiling, energy was upbeat.  Many of the people I talked to where for Obama, had to spend more time talking about Al Franken, but in the end I had very few hangups, just one cursing, and lots of great when I said I was a volunteer with the MN DFL.  Of course, some people don't know what DFL means, but today was not the day for that chapter of education.  Just as I was leaving my friend Cindy walked in for her shift, and we are working together on election day!  There was lots of food, people dropping off homemade cookies, much candy, lots of reinforcements for the Obama-Franken troops.  I wonder what I'll blog about after Tuesday, I am sure the creativity and life snapshots will just keep coming.  

Don't know where to vote?   Find out:  877-662-4264, or www.voteforchange.com

This message is brought to you by MAM - MaryAlice Musing!

Comments