Skip to main content

A Nation Shares Our Grief


 I have been saying out loud for weeks now,  how bereft we are as a people,  hundreds of thousands people have died and not one moment of shared national grief.  Not one day went by that the president of our country acknowledged the losses, asked us to remember to acknowledge the magnitude of these deaths or the preciousness of their lives.

At dusk today our next President of the United States brought us together.  Brought us to the Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial.  Of course my grief, my hearts remembering another time when their where panels and panels and panels of the AIDS Quilt.  Watching these beautiful columns of light - reflecting and reflection.  These lights honoring memories, memorials, lives lived and lives lost.

We are heavy, heavy in our hearts.  I am heavy in my heart.  I am also hopeful.  I am watching the ripples of water and lights surrounding the reflecting pool.


Please listen to Sweet Honey in the Rock with me.....

 

Comments