Skip to main content

Anticipation


 In early December I ordered myself an Esla Kicksled,  they are made in Finland and there is a dealer in the U.S. in Ely, MN.   I have seen this zipping around in Ely on my trips there and I kept thinking that this would be a good winter activity for me.  My sled, bright blue will be arriving within the next week or two.  Check out Ely Bike and Kick Sled I can't wait to be zipping around River Trails,  EFI's trails, and in the Monument.   You have to have compacted snow, so a snowmobile trail is great,  ponds and lakes perfect places,  and along side streets and roads work well.  I have good snow cleats for my boots, Anita is going to make a video, and Mark is going to help me put the pieces together.  I stopped at the post office to make sure that this VERY big package would be delivered directly to my house rather than me having to pick up at the post office because my street doesn't have home delivery and I have  PO box - they thought it would come directly to my house.   I did go out to see Susan on Shin Pond Road, and she is going to make sure that there is "snow mobile" trail made for me to do some of my initial getting to know how to ride my "sled".   Now I just need it to arrive.   I have talked to the owner of Ely Bike and Kick Sled several times, he knows I am excited, he is looking forward to the video that I will send him.   My sled is a great bright blue.  I have heard you can really go!  I am ready!   

Anticipation about my "kick sled" arrival is something that feels so welcomed on these dark worrisome days.  I read Hilary Clinton's Opinion Piece in the Washington Post -

Her question to us - will we choose the privilege of our whiteness or democracy.  It does seem that stark.  Click on the Washington Post link above and take a moment to read her article.  It is worth a few moments of your time I think.

In the midst of trump worry and wanting my kick sled to get delivered I did deliver "Mobilize Katahdin" face masks to all the businesses in Patten.  Lou, Susan and I have been doing this for awhile now and it is always rewarding and the people who are working or the owners are all very happy to have these masks to give to customers who walk in without a mask.  It feels good, and I feel like a little New Year Elf, delivering good things to businesses that are vital to my community.  

Another anticipation I have is "when will I be able to get the vaccine?"  Today my daughter, who works at the University of Minnesota Pediatric Hospital sent me this picture:


 Sasha is in the middle and she is with her colleagues when they received their SECOND  vaccine shot.  They all look pretty happy!  I am looking forward to when I get to have my shot!  It was so fun to get this picture, even when masks you can see they are HAPPY.  I also admired my daughter's muscle structure, she works out often and it shows!  I did ask her if I could use her photo on my blog today and I am so happy that she said yes.  

I am feeling good about blogging, I find myself thinking about what I might blog about next.  I am appreciating the connection I feel from my fingers on the keyboard to your eyes reading on the screen.  I am glad that a few of you read my blog,  I hope that you will let other's know about what I am doing if it feels right for you.  

I am hunkered down,  I am worried, I am doing the things in my life that need to be done.  I mourn the thousands of people who are dying of covid related complications every day.  My heart if heavy for their family and friends.  We will persevere, we will move forward, and I am going to fly on my kick sled soon. 

Comments