Skip to main content

The Christmas Carol

Three generations trundled off to the Guthrie this afternoon to see the Christmas Carol.  Sasha was around the age of Myah when we first went to the Guthrie to see the Christmas Carol. She gave the 4 minute cliff note of the play as we were driving to the theater.  Myah was struck by how horribly awesome Mr. Marley's ghost was, and giggled at the delight of the "old" Ebenezer watching scenes from Christmas's past.  Luke like the traveling in space of the 2nd ghost of Christmas - he thought it was a cool dude who was in the sled.  Sasha sang silently along with the music.  At the end, the man in the row in front of us, thanked Myah for her giggles, and said that it made the play even better.  I loved the scenes that pulled at your heart, and delighted in my child and grandchildren sitting with me.  Sasha thought the Guthrie was a good place for a sexy date,  I told her I would remember that when I was planning one!  The grandkids loved the play, and we decided next year to bring "Dad" along.  A great afternoon was had by all.  Followed by a visit to our favorite neighborhood Thai place, where Joe invited us all for New Year's Eve Peace crane making,  they are trying to fold one thousand cranes, I think we will help out!  Ymmmm. Ymmmm.  A wonderful new tradition in the making.

Comments