Skip to main content

Knit Knit Breathe Purl Knit

Tonight I finished one of my "green rugs"  it is made from old t-shirts, you cut a continuous strip starting from the bottom 1/2 " or so, and just keep cutting until you get to the arm pits.  Then you have one ball of t-shirt, and a rag.  It takes about 6 t's to make a rug.  You use jumbo needles 17's and knit back and forth, and you have a rug.  Then you sew a bias tape around the edge and it is great feeling for your feet, looks good, and amazing recycling.  I am giving them as presents!  I also have been making mix it up scarves...taking various left over yarns and making crazy strips of color and texture.  Fun and you can stay warm,  and I am making felt bowls and now boxes....all of this is a way to have balance, be quiet find my center, listen and be so very appreciative of what I have done and how it gives me pleasure.  Simple things in life.  Knit, Knit, breathe, touch your soul.  Knit knit breathe feel the expansiveness.  Knit knit transformation.  Transformation.   Take it in.

Comments