Skip to main content

Tis the Season

I just returned home from a wonderful dinner and such deep diving into being present.  What a gift to have friends that want to share and be able to listen and be present to this very moment.  It is so full -- that moment of listening of just being with another being  -- what a gift.  Today was a full plate day,  lots of signing documents, doing reviews, checking in ..... trying to do the stuff that needs to get done before the end of the year.  People were glad the the "nuisance" snow had stopped, that it didn't take them as long to get into work, as it took the night before for them to get home.  There is a little cheer despite all the "bad" news.  Driving home, I noticed more holiday lights.  I love the lights!  They are magical -  there is some part of being little that just has a safe place to come out when I am "captured" by the twinkling of the lights.  We are days away from the longest night,  we are in the dark, and yet I continue to pulled into the moments of the light,  in a conversation with a friend, the sunlight of dawn,  the twinkling of the outdoor light display, my own bulbs strung around the dining room - all invite me in.  Allow the wonderful space of the right now and the long ago.  It is the season of the dark, and honoring the light.

Comments