Skip to main content

More on Inaguaration

Matthew Rothschild of The Progressive penned his musings about Reverend Warren on December 20th...it took me awhile to go to the Progressive Magazine site - the article and the comments are forthright. I liked the suggestion that women and women and men and men just kiss their way through the inauguration. Wonder if I will get any takers? Let's hope that we can have better appointments where it really matters about Gay Rights, Abortion, and other "social" issues! So I still have to rant a little more about this --- I would have like to have Thich Nhat Hanh give the invocation. I have selected one of his sayings, it is about love for self, somehow having two days of expressing my dismay and express my hopes is about loving self. So here is a zen wish for all of us from Thich Nhat Hahn:

Love is the capacity to take care, to protect, to nourish. If you are not capable of generating that kind of energy toward yourself – if you are not capable of taking care of yourself, of nourishing yourself, of protecting yourself – it is very difficult to take care of another person.
Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh

Comments