Skip to main content

The Americans

Tomorrow afternoon I will be done with my last meeting here in D.C. In the morning I am meeting with political appointment folks from the District, looking forward to good discussions, visioning, and some concrete next steps to create necessary change in the delivery of health and long term care support for people with disabilities in DC. Then I am walking to the Mall - and going to the National Gallery of Art to see the 83 photographs in: "Looking In: Robert Frank's "The Americans"." Robert Frank shot images of ordinary people, his pictures revealed images that many believed were anti-American. Frank who is 84, worked with the curators on this exhibit, and he shoot a film discussing how he selected his photos originally when first publishing this work in Paris, France in 1958. This is an America that I saw as a very young girl. I am looking forward to taking it in, and then after spending time at this exhibit, when walking back to my hotel I am going to stop at the Anerican History museum, I call it the museum of the heart, I love just wandering there, not looking at "art" but rather the things of our life in the united states, dorothy's ruby red slippers, the gowns of first ladies, whatever I happen upon.

DC is buzzing, people are so engaged about this administration, people are sorting out about "stimulus" what might reform mean? How will change manifest....glad to be here, and I know come Saturday a.m. I am going to be really glad to go home as well. Oh and the weather, it got bad after the first day, people think I brought MN weather here...oh the weather, where ever you go there it is!

Comments