Skip to main content

Bowling not Keillor

Today was Gramma and Luke day. We had a plan to go to Prairie Home Companion, but the shows for the entire month are sold out. This did not stop Luke from coming up with another great plan with Gramma. So off we went to bowl this afternoon. We went to a new alley, our favorite is Bryant Lake Bowl, but no lanes available late afternoon, so we went out into the suburbs. We had a blast, this was a new bowling alley, lots of lanes, great colored balls, and families, groups of all ages there...it even had a computer program for keeping score. I miss the little pencils that you use when you keep score for yourself, and it is such a good math exercise. We had nacho's and lemonade and three games of bowling. I myself beat my personal best, I bowled over 150 in one game. Amazing...Luke was quite excited when I got 4 strikes in a row, myself, I was beginning to get woozy with the pressure of not throwing a gutter ball after all that....railings being up probably helped me as much as Luke. On the way home from the bowling alley we heard today's update on Lake Wobegon, and laughed about the ice house escapades. Now Luke is watching a video before bed, and I am smling as I think about our day, and how fun it is to sit across for this dear amazing grandson of mine and just take him in. He has a birthday in just a month, he will celebrate in New Zealand, he is such himself, and I so dearly want him to keep that within himself. So here I am blogging away and sending big love throughts to Luke as he watching the piggies and birds and kids save the day in the snow queen's revenge. I also have a bag of felting goodies I picked up early today and am looking forward to a little felting and creating as I watch the almost full moon shine into my back yard, spreading moonlight and more.

Comments