Skip to main content

Staying in the Present

I have been trying to just do the next thing. Notice the moment. Sort out ways to create understanding and provide clarity. Know when to stop pushing or to start. Breathe, breathe, breathe. Taxes done, dishes done, called the Dr.'s office. Scheduled an appointment that I have been delaying for weeks. Just doing the next thing, there is a certain detachment, which is really good for me. And I love the ways in which I am creating, a new poem, a new blog day, a new bowl, all good for my heart and soul. We are still in the midst of winter, it is cold cold again, below zero, cold wind. My skin is dry, my bones get cold, I walk around with 2 or 3 scarves around my neck. I am tired of wearing long underwear. I am so bundled most of the time, that I laugh at my own self. I have become a fargo type character, that's no joke. I am still enjoying the art shanties in my mind the pictures of everyone out on the ice, above freezing, kid like, just having fun. I might go back. Luke (grandson) and I are going to Prairie Home Companion. He wants to go to the radio show, so we are off to get tickets tomorrow and see if we can go on Saturday. It will be a first for him. HIs Mom told him about the times that I took her. This is good, I like the we have generations of things we love and want to share. It is winter. I am going to escape into my newest mystery novel. Take a break, have a good sleep, and start the day loving the sunrise, and slowing moving toward doing the next thing.

Comments