Skip to main content

BFF

I have a complete hissy fit earlier this week. I was losing balance, patience and serenity by the bucketfuls as I heard, saw, felt valentine hell. Where was the romance in my life. I wasn't going to some "special" restaurant for a "special" meal. It didn't matter that I was doing what I absolutely want to do on February 14th - I will be in the middle of a silent retreat. I have no doubt that I will be in an ocean of love, just not the kind that they are advertising on the TV, the radio, the newspapers, magazines! Seemingly everywhere I turned, there was something with someone to do, that wasn't happening for ME. So I pick up the phone and call my best friend. The Philadelphia-Minneapolis connection - it was great. In 15 seconds, I was able to let Lon know how much I was not liking valentines day at that moment. We laughed, deep bellied, full throated laughs with each other, Nothing was happening for a few moments except us being best friends. BFF. Best Friends Forever. Then we both shared that we had already picked out our valentines cards for each other. My valentine is forever, my - our best friends forever. The reminder of what it is that fills and sustains the heart. Being able to stop whatever for 5 minutes, and just be best friends, through four decades, forever.

Comments