Skip to main content

Returning to the World of Work and Snow

My oh my! I have had some bout with the bugs. No flu. Yes to a fever (I never have a fever!), bone cold, coughing, ugh ugh ugh. I believe that I have slept 20+ hrs. a day for the last 4 days, that's a great sleeping record for a gal who USED to have sleep apnea! I am not entirely well yet, but I did go to work for 5 hrs. today. Of course this is the day of a really big snow, so it took me 1 1/2 hrs. to drive home, and here I am safe and sound! I am still sniffling, taking my remedies, coughing (but lots less), and beginning to feel like I am a part of the world and I want to be. Blessed be for that. The snow is amazingly beautiful, I bet out in the country it is amazing. There is a big wind, and I am sorry for those people who cannot be safe at home tonight. I just talked to someone in Montana, they assured me more snow was coming.

I have received such loving kindness and support during this being sick time. My Doctor was great, my acupucturist worked really hard, I was needled all over and moxa'd and I sure it helped alot. I got wonderful food and hugs from those who love me, and people at work were stunned, they knew that I must have been really sick because I was so "out of touch". They kept sending well wishes and requests to help. Isn't that great? It is so fine, to be able to say yes, to allow myself to be supported, I even whined for a while, it made me laugh. Giving and receiving, supporting and supported, so simple, so beautiful - so very hard to do at times and such a gift when you can. So glad to slowly coming back to the world of living, with lots of gratitude and love.

Comments