Skip to main content

Blocks from the White House

I have gone from the shores of Lake Michigan on silent retreat to downtown D.C. blocks away from the White House. President Obama is traveling, and I have spent the evening with a dear colleague and friend sorting out how to interact with the Department of Labor and other stake holders to really facilitate change. What a whirlwind of realities, and they are all mine. I was at my work for a little more than 3 hrs. today...and when I got off the plane (less than 2 hrs. from take off to touch down) I had over 40 emails! So here I am in the Capitol and getting ready to rest, and to be ready for tomorrow when good work will happen. It is like spring here in the low 40's, people are still feeling cold here and I went out this evening without gloves, hat, or scarf! It is all in your perspective!

Comments