Skip to main content

Brilliant Sun Great Family

Once again, I moved myself from the house and out into the world today. My family (daughter, son-in-spirit and the grandkids are all leaving for New Zealand and down under on Tuesday afternoon. I had gotten them little journals to take along with them on their trip when I was in DC and wanted to give them their goodies. What started out with Gramma making a trip to their house, changed to a send off lunch at It's Greek to Me (I have posted about IGTM before it is our 26 year family hang out). So the family, best friends, and Gramma-Mom all met for lunch. I stopped at Tuthills (another family institution) where for over 30 years they have been blowing up balloons and making merry! So Birthday Balloons for Luke and Sasha! Bon Voyage for the family! and WooHOO for everyone balloons were put together in a great bouquet. Then I picked up a lovely box of "crackers". We had such a good time. We were all there with our tissue paper crowns (they are in the cracker), and enjoying our little toys. Luke got a few presents to take on the plane. Peter the waiter, has been there forever as well - and he jumped right into the celebration. It was a great time. I love when we have these moments, spontaneous, so familiar, such fun. We laughed (and boy am I glad to be laughing). When the kids got dessert, I got one of the best treats, as Luke in complete rapture enjoyed his glazed strawberry, I got to watch his Dad, watch him. He looked so happy watching his son be happy, enjoying the moment. Tasha and Joe are having a baby girl in July, and the entire family is absolutely psyched. Tasha and Sasha have been best friends since 4th grade. They are great friends, and we all feel like family. So in the brilliant sunshine in the bitter cold, we had a celebration. I was glad to be well enough to not only go but to help create a "party". I am smiling as I picture our waiter and all of us, smiling with paper crowns, enjoying a fine afternoon together for a moment basking in our warmth,

Comments