Skip to main content

It is Not Pretty Out There

I know it is a full moon, I can feel the pull, but I can't even see a ring of light there are so many clouds. The good news is it has been above zero, it has been above freezing. The bad news is that there has been icy evenings, but mostly the sun higher in the sky, longer during the day, and hotter in temperature has melted lots if not all the snow. I have a lake when I step off the last steps of my side stairs. There is lots of puddles, lots of patches of frozen grass, and it is gray, it is dirty looking, It is the February thaw and it's not pretty. But here's the good news, I can actually smell and feel that spring will some day come, there will be more snow, there will be cold, and each day brings us closer to the equinox, closer the spring. Welcome to the land of melted snow and frozen tundra. When I stop for a moment, I can hear the rumble as things begin to move deep within the earth, and deep within myself.

Comments