Skip to main content

Packed Bags

My two carry-on bags are ready. I am sitting in the early morning dark. There is a red light flashing in the eastern shy low on the horizon. I can't picture what it is, and I know that I have seen it before, but every time it seem like a new discovery. I know it is like a pole, and there are at least two lights at different heights. I won't be out walking to try to locate it, and firmly put it into the landscapes from my house today. So it will on another day likely seem like a new experience once again! I know the mind works like that, and as I leave for my retreat I am aware that one of the questions to sit with is: in what ways can I effect my own thinking, what are my intentions, how do they move me to action, inaction, forgetting, remembering? I am also aware of my heart, it is just beating away, that center place in my body that symbolizes our connection, our receptivity, our capacity to love to be loved. I am going to do a few last minute things around the house. I am feeling the pull away, and I will welcome the return home. I know that my heart and mind are going where ever I am. "Where ever I go, There I am!"

Comments