Skip to main content

Flowers and Ice



Ice Disk with Flowers by Front Door

All those days in January when the weather seemed oh so much more milder than it was "supposed" to be I knew it would come, that we were not bypassing the 'dead of winter'.  Well, we have not.  It is not as cold as in Ely, MN  -35F below zero but it is nippy.  The good news is that along with the cold come the sun.  The gray days of January have been replaced by brilliant sun....no sun dogs but it is still very welcome.  

I find myself sitting at my south facing window in the morning, and allowing myself a sun bath.  The sun streaming on my face as I sip my tea and have a little breakfast.  

Yesterday I took some of the flowers out of the vase and put into my pie pan dish.  Today I hung my ice disk on the side of the front door.   I snipped more flowers and have another dish freezing up to hang on the other side of the door.  

I am tackling the dining room table today.  Somehow it is like a magnet for "stuff".   I have my tax stuff in a pile waiting for my appointment on Thursday morning.  I have mail that needs to be recycled, filed, or dealt with.  I don't think that there are any surprises there.  But attention is needed.

Not quite half-way through February and I am feeling like we are in the middle of winter and It is a little bit of a slog.  

So I will freeze some more water - make ice globes, decorative hanging disks, and take little dips out into the cold.   Or maybe a little more time sunbathing at the window.

It is Tuesday.  It is the first day of the second impeachment trial for donald trump.  May he never be able to hold any public office every again.  May he not be able to take people's money for selling them the latest conspiracy theory.  May we have a day soon where the only thing of note about him is that he was the worst president of the United States.  We are still paying a price every day.  So much that did not have to happen.  

I am glad that we are at a time where there continues to be more light.  Let the light shine. Let there be light. 

Comments