Skip to main content

Preparing for the Storm!

 

Ice Disk with Flowers Hanging by Front Door

The light continues and we are also deep into winter.  I am so happy to be hunkering down in my house.   I go out and look at my kick sled, but have not put it into my car.   I am happy to be in the warmth and comfort of my home.

 It is cold and the next storm is on its way.  I continue to experiment with the beauty of ice.  Today I put out a new ice disk at my front door.  I am surprised and somewhat in awe of how beautiful the flowers remain after they have been placed in the water that then turns into ice.  Beautiful flowers, held in the ice.   

Just before I started my blog tonight I got a message from my neighbor Terry,  she has been trying her hand at ice globes and tonight she has several globes shining from her side porch.

ice globes on Terry P.'s Porch

 I love that we have ice globes glowing on our little street!  I have cooked and created and am ready for this next storm.  More snow.  Maybe a better surface for my kick sled.  

It is a new week.  The snow is coming.  The cold is not as unrelenting and dangerous as so many other places in the country.   I am hoping that people can find a safe way to be warm to be safe.  

It is Monday.  I am still marveling about the light, and .... staying safe and warm.  I am grateful.

Comments