Skip to main content

Moonrise, Sunset


Stainding on Kicksled at Full Moon Rise
Well,  it was cold this morning, and I had to get out of the house a little after 8 a.m.  Today was another vaccine clinic at the firehouse in Patten.   I volunteered to help,  this was our second clinic and today it ran like clockwork.  I think we had around 100 people signed up and there was less than a handful of folks who did not show up.

 I came home and continued my closet downsizing.   I decided that if I had not worn things this winter yet, and I couldn't remember if I did last winter, then it was time to go.  I called Pir2Peer Recovery Community Center in Millinocket to see if they would like good, gently worn clothes, many of them just right for wearing to work.  They were really happy that I could drop off clothes and I am glad that there are women who can use the clothes.  

A good Friday,  helping out my community, sorting and clearing of my closets, and 2 large bags of clothes and plus clothes that will stay on their hangars to go to Millinocket next week.  Feels good. 


 Late this afternoon I got back in my car to go to Candy and Dan's.  I have not been there for quite a few weeks.  And we felt that it was ok for us to have a little time together.  I brought my kick sled.  Golden Ridge Road provided quite a view of Katahdin and mountain range, the full moon and the sunset.  I sure like my "ridge" time and was glad to be spending a little time with friends. 

Candy and I went out for just a little bit so that she could give the sled a try.  The full moon was just rising in the eastern sky and the sun was setting in the west.  The moon was so bright and so very big.  The silhouette of mountain range against the ever changing colors of sunset so very very satisfying.  A meditation in and of itself.  Breathing in and out as the sun dips below the skyline and the colors melt and blend and provide a palette of hues to soothe the heart and mind.  It has been a busy week and I have a number of things on my calendar for next week as well.  Another storm is on the way, and it was only yesterday that the last one came through.  The last one caught me off guard and having gotten several winter storm warnings on my phone this afternoon, it seems likely that my plan to drive to Houlton in the morning may not happen.   Looks like another 3-5" on snow, the temperature is going from a very chilly night (it was 8 degrees when I was driving home tonigh) to almost 40 degrees on Sunday.  

There are only two more days in February and then onto March.  It is Friday, the last weekend of the month.  Glad to be tucked warmly into my little house.  Still feeling basked in moonbeams and sun glow.

 

Standing on Kick Sled and sunset sky

Comments