Skip to main content

More Globes, More Light


 When I went out to late this afternoon to bring out two more new globes,  sweep the snow off the bench, and light the globes there was still light in the sky.  When I started lighting the globes it was dark at that time.  Each day a little more light, a little more experimentation, delight and simple happiness in making my globes.  

I am still hanging onto simple pleasures as I swing back and forth in my daily coping of Covid life.  Meanwhile so much of the country is coping with very cold, too few vaccines, and no electricity. It all feels too much.  

I have been being very busy, my volunteering is in full swing.  I have been spending lots of time on my laptop.   So much so that I am in search of a desk and looking to make a sweet work space on my top landing in the second floor.  

My ever changing life here, how is it that I connect,  what are the ways that I can be a part of my community, my region.  This past year has brought much more time in front of a screen.  I realized that 

over the past few weeks, my shoulders have been sore,  my neck stiff, and it was not until I was on the phone with a friend that I found myself saying, "I think that I need to have a desk."  So getting myself set up to work on my computer in better ways is now in progress.

So I keep moving forward,  dreaming, doing.  Today my taxes were finished.  E- Filed.  Refund will be deposited in a couple of weeks.  Wow, that feels good.  

Amidst the covid realities, the finishing those things that must get done, my time collaging, and felting, and writing.the days go by slowly, quickly.  The light grows more with each day.  We are a little over a month from the Equinox.  

For now, I continue to lean into the ice.  My ice disks remain on each side of the front door.  My ice globe altar glows in the dark.



Comments