Skip to main content

The Snow Waited for my Kick Sled...and Then it Came

 

Assembled Blue Kick Sled on Living Room Floor

 

Yep,  Box 2 arrived yesterday.  I called the post office just after I finished yesterday's blog (which I forgot to load onto FB until much later in the day) and yes the second box came.   She made me laugh, she said it doesn't look anything like the one from yesterday, and it didn't.  

I zipped up to the post office, stopped at the hardware store and then brought both boxes into the house.   I will not go into all that went into my getting it assembled, I had a little coaching from a dear friend, and one phone call to Ely, MN to make sure that I had it  "folded" up correctly to put into my car.  I did.  I was going to go out but the wind gusts and the snow fall kept me inside waiting until today.  February 3rd my kick sled inauguration.  It is on the porch and I will go out early afternoon.   I am hoping I will be inspired to name this sweet blue winter fun toy that I have been waiting for and so excited about.  Now to not go too fast, every document says, "caution this sled can reach very high speeds".   My boots and jacket and brand new mittens are ready for the trip....I hope I am...

kick sled ready on the side porch

 It has been a busy morning here on Willow Street.  By 8 a.m.   I am the only house on the block that has not cleared out driveway, parking spots, etc.  The mound of snow from the street plow is impressive.  The newspaper guy had to run through the piles to deliver my paper today.  He asked where my plow guy was, it was just after 8 a.m.  I tried not to feel shamed.

 By 9 a.m.  Ricky had arrived.  I was out shoveling off the back porch and stairs so he could get all that snow with his nifty little plow/blower/ice masher vehicle..it is something.  Ricky is very particular - when I moved onto Willow Street so many people told me it was a horrible place to plow.  To their liking I do not have enough "space" to put the snow easily.  I laugh thinking about life in Chicago when it snowed and then in Minneapolis.  Ricky came and went and I started my after plowing removal.  I have a great push shovel, ergonomic, and also blue.  

By 9:30 a.m.  I was back in the house.  The load of laundry was done.  The snow all "managed"  and I am ready for my late breakfast.  

I am getting a little bit of shock and awe that I put my sled together myself.   Feeling quite accomplished and grateful for the support I got.  The pieces were not labeled and I struggled with which was which for awhile...but done.

The globes survived.  I was going to bring them in, but couldn't get them off the bench so they stayed out in the storm.  Here is a picture from yesterday afternoon when the snow was still falling in large flakes.


It is Wednesday.  It is February.  I still do not have an appointment for the Covid vaccine.  Someday, someday, someday.   Bring it on,  I am ready.   I am also ready to go "kick around" soon, stay tuned.  Stay well.

 

Comments