Skip to main content

Morning View of Mt. Katahdin

 The good thing with this cold, is that often with the cold comes the sun.  We had lots and lots of grey days, so even when I was enjoying the mild days, I missed the sun.   Well the sun has come and with it the cold.

This morning on my way out of town I took this shot.  It doesn't do justice to the absolute clarity in the air and the brilliance of the reflection of the sun on the snow and on the mountain range.

The sun is streaming in my windows and I am enjoying the light, the ever lengthening light.  I once again have a dining room table that needs to be cleared off all the papers from a week of zoom meetings and correspondence that needed attention.  Laundry is in the washer and in the dryer.  

I am making more ice and flower disks.  This cold weather is great for that.   I have new candles to be put out today for the ice globes.  

I am reading several books, and have two audio books started!  I have managed to once again regain some balance and comfort with the way my Covid guidance life.  

I am happy and grateful to be warm and cozy.  I am glad for the light.

I am very aware of what serious business is going on in Washington, D.C.  I hope our Democracy can withstand.  I hope that we can begin to loosen the grip of conspiracy theories, of disregard for the truth and of fear that hardens people from their best self.  

It is Saturday.  I am going a "concert" tonight.  I might even dress up for my evening concert at home.  It is Galentine's Day.   Thank you for your friendship. 

Comments