Skip to main content

Booked up on Tuesday



Well I am definitely back in Millinocket.  Monday I had quite a few things that I had to attend to, and that included picking Derek Nord up at the airport and getting him to Waterville for the Maine APSE Conference.  I could not stay as Tuesday is my library shift day, and after being gone almost three months, I didn't feel as if I could not show up! So I arrived back home at 10 pm last night. 

Many of you know that I hate driving in the dark.  I had over half of the trip in the dark, some rain, and after getting north of Orono it is not only dark but there are very very few vehicles.  I did see a big deer that thankfully stayed off the road.  I listened to  MSNBC, Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow kept me engaged, awake and moving forward.

I was tired and not so very happy to have to get out of the house before 8 a.m. this a.m.  I wanted to see Betsy Sweet, who is running for Governor and let her know she was my #1 vote.  She was at the AT Cafe.  So I had a little breakfast and hurried home by 9 a.m.  to meet Lee who was coming to help with a few household "to do's".  We got all the storm windows up - they take brute strength that I do not have.  Then replaced a burnt out bulb at the top of the stairs.  Lastly, replaced the water plastic filtered water faucet with the stainless steel one that Sasha gave me and I brought back home with me from Minnesota.

Then it was off to the "dump" or as it is called here the transfer station!  After that it was onto Katahdin Motors to get the car inspected.  Then home for some lunch and brief nap before my library shift.

It was so much fun to get back to the library.  There were lots of people in and out this afternoon and early evening.  There are young people who are camping in Baxter State Park, and other folks who are here doing some kind of outdoor something!  It was raining today, so the library is a place to get out the rain,  use wifi, jump on a computer and maybe even look at books or magazines!  I checked books in and out,  shelved books, put the "recent" section of books in their new home!  Time went by pretty fast.  And I was happy to be back at the library! 

Last thing of the day was Meghan's program talking about her time in Azerbaijan.  She had good pictures and fun stories and I enjoyed hearing about her time there. 

 I am happy tired.  Ready for sleep and glad that I get to be in my own bed.  Tuesday was full up, and I am looking forward to having a morning at home and not being all booked up on Wednesday!

Comments