Skip to main content

Saturday Night in Millinocket

After almost three months, I am back home in Millinocket.  It was a beautiful drive north from Bangor to Millinocket, sun shining, a beautiful breeze that is keeping the black flies at bay.  

We drove in the driveway and it was good to walk into the house.  At once so familiar and to have not been here for so many days.  I walked through the house just smiling and taking it in.  I left and there was snow up to the windows, the piles in back and front were enormous.  Now green everywhere!  And light at 5 pm light!

 I was welcomed back with only one casualty,  a small table lamp and a framed architectural drawing in the little cove at the top of stairs was knocked over ( I am assuming from the wind and then the doors moving) glass everywhere, and light bulb glass is the worst!  So I gingerly swept and cleaned up the landing and got the glass up and carried out to the garage!  Then all well.  

After glass removal, a trip to the Trail-side Grocery and Hannafords to get a few things for tomorrow.  When I returned Brian was just finishing grilling and invited me next door.  So I found the present that I had brought back for Jan and Rick and went over for a little supper.  We caught up a little, but mostly just enjoyed that I was back home.  

It became apparent that I was about ready to fall asleep in my chair, so I headed home.  It is a little before nine and there is still light.  I am sitting in the living room and being oh so comfortable in my chair.  

I have not even unpacked a thing yet but I will get out my robe.  Tomorrow I can tackle the boxes that were sent back and my suitcases.   It will be a new kind of adventure, settling back into home.  

It is Saturday night.  I am in Millinocket, Maine.  I am no longer on my spring journey.  I am back home. 

Comments