Skip to main content

Summer Solstice


Yesterday I was just too crestfallen to blog.  I came home from my library shift, made a delicious meal for myself, continued knitting on my swatch to get my gauge and when i opened up the computer and typed Wednesday I was just flooded with images of Trump embroiling and inciting and feeding off of his lies and his power feeding manipulations to incite hate in others and to justify all of his entititlements of white supremacy, money mongering and just plan destruction of democracy.

Well you see why and you as a reader can be glad that I didn’t let it rip yesterday!

So today is a beautiful day.  It was pre dawn light at around 3 this morning.  I took it in, and then promptly fell back to sleep until 8:30!  I made myself a breakfast smoothie and am sitting on the back deck.

I am going to Bangor this afternoon and staying overnight.  There is a Pride Event at the Penobscot Theater and I am looking forward to the reception and then seeing Sheer Madness!

I am mindful of the Solstice, the movement into another season, the light so long and the sun so high in the sky.  The blue of the night sky the most beautiful of the year for me.  50 years ago the summer of 1968 and here we are at the beginning of this summer and it is so unclear what may transpire in these next few months.

Today I am honoring the earth.  Going to spend some time in the woods before I head to Pride Night! I am praying for the families that are separated and for the children who only want their mother or father or both.  God Bless the Children.

May we find our path to action in this the summer of 1968.

Comments