Skip to main content

Monday in Millinocket



I have been thinking that now that I am home and back in Maine, what about my blogging?  I have enjoyed blogging during my Spring Sojourn and liked the discipline of blogging every day.  I only missed one day, and was up early the next morning blogging because I woke up realizing that I did not blog when I had gotten back to the house late in the evening.

I did not blog this weekend, and thought taking the weekends off might be a good approach.  I like to use this blog as a way to reflect on my day, to observe the world around me, and to share my quirky and sometimes not so stellar thoughts.  They are mine and this blog is a way for my wandering, rambling self to have a venue.

Today is the last day before the primary election in Maine.  I spent time on Saturday and Sunday canvassing for Lucas St. Clair for Congressional District 2 a fine Democrat in a three way race!  Today I dropped off literature at houses.  It is always a mixed bag hitting the streets for a candidate.  One woman took the brochure and then ripped it in half and laughed!  I did a good job thanking people for participating in democracy, or just smiling and hoping they have a good day.

I am excited about the Governor's race.  It is so good the LePage will be done, and we really need a democrat in the Gov's office.  I am backing Betsy Sweet, she is the only clean election candidate!  She has a lifetime of great service and she is down to earth, smart as can be, and will find a way to ensure better access to health care,  jobs creation, and helping Maine as the oldest and white-est in the nation to move forward and attract new people and opportunities to our state.

We get to use rank choice voting.  Statewide!  The opponents just can't give up, and we have to once again vote on if we want rank choice voting,  the language is oh so bad, that I had to read it a number of times and then verify that what I should vote is YES!

In between my helping out Lucas's team, I finished putting all my winter things away!  My bedroom is organized, clean and inviting.  My craft table is beginning to call to me, and I am looking for a morning or afternoon of working on my collages.  I also had some good phone chats and set up time to get together with friends that I have not seen since I have gotten back.

I am back home.  Doing what you do at home - making meals,  doing the laundry,  cleaning out the car, making plans and just hanging out at home!  It feels good,  I feel a little more "in my skin" here, and less like this was one more transition!

I think I am going to just keep blogging away at least for now, and I am going to take the weekends off!  Stay tuned, I look forward to sharing life in Maine, New England and wherever my travels take me!  It's Monday and I am sitting in my favorite chair, watching the evening news, breathing in, breathing out, breathing in and out, and blogging all the way!



Comments