Skip to main content

Monday at Mid-Coast


I still find myself being totally tickled that I can just go to the coast for the day!  I usually plan to do an overnight to stretch out and do more exploring.  That is just what I did yesterday.  I headed off to Belfast late morning, it was a good driving day, hazy sky and not too hot.   I took I-95 to US 1-A, and then onto US 1.  I love US 1.  It is not the fast route, but rather slowly moving through tiny towns, glimpses of great vista's and lots of fun business new and old as the car heads toward my destination.

I spent last night at the Nightfall Inn, but before I made it to the Inn I made the stop that I had been thinking about since I returned home.  I stopped for lunch at Young's Lobster Pound.



I love Young's and realized that I had not done good planning for my stop.  You can bring your own picnic, drinks, all the fixings to Young's.  I will be planning a wonderful picnic basket for my next trip.  As for yesterday,  I had just what I needed and wanted.  Lobster dinner with chips and corn and a coke!  I sat at a picnic table in the upstairs of the building (it was a little chilly by the water).  I sat and looked out the window, watched the family and had a oh so good lunch!  I look forward to he next time that I will be going to Youngs!  Any takers?

Then off to find the Inn!  As it turned out if was within walking distance of Young's.  I think they should use that as a selling point!  It was still early so I headed downtown.  The Maine Bike Trek ha=d just ended the 180 mile bike ride and there were bikers everywhere!  I walked along the wharf and in the park and then stopped at the yarn shop.

I love yarn shops and I had several new projects and I needed yarn,  Found great yarn, had a wonderful conversation and promised I would come back on Monday!

Checked into the Inn,  sweet place where the new owners have just taken this old house, that had been turned into retail space and made a very nice Inn.  My room was inviting and I could see the water from my window.  It is close to the pedestrian bridge walk into Belfast, and you can walk right down to the water.  I opened the window and soon was sound asleep!  Woke up refreshed and ready to return back to town.

Pickled Fiddlehead Martini
The first picture I posted at the top of the blog shows the Canadian Flag wavely proudly, there was a U.S. flag on the other side of the building,  still believing in the strength of our relationship.  ( I have driven 1 all the way to Canada in the past).  Meet some fun, quirky folks - a young poet, a vegetable farmer, a young man and his gal, he just moved to Belfast from New Hampshire and is working at the food coop! It was a fun evening and then back to Nightfall Inn,

This morning had a great breakfast and fun conversation with Kelly the owner.  Then off ot Belfast and a few errands before heading off to my homeopath appointment.

It was a good appointment have a new plan for remedy.  Then back to the Heavenly Yarns.  
I found a great felted hat pattern, bought some yarn to make one, and I am looking forward to seeing how it works and if I like making them. 

I stopped in Brewer on the way home at Tiller & Rye to get some of Raven's Nest My Pasta Art pasta!  I got some great pasta,  some quinoa, black lentils and a bottle of wine!

Off to Millinocket.  It rained some and more traffic than usual because I was traveling at a time when people were going home from work! 

A great 30 hours!  It is Monday.  Even at home I keep having great adventures.  Home sweet home on Monday. 





Comments