Skip to main content

Friday - end of my second week at home!

Here I am visiting the neighbors after my first volunteer shift this summer at the National Monument Office!  It was a fun day,  there were a few visitors.  I was reminded about how much I like to talk to people about the monument, the area, and find out what they are interested in doing, and what they are thinking about their visit.  It was a beautiful sunny day, that just invites you to spend some time outside in the wild!  I am going to do that myself tomorrow! 

It has been a good week,  I have felt some reigniting of the pace and rhythm of Millinocket and home.  I have had good sleeping nights loving my own bed and my own pillows! 

I have been making good food, and brought a delightful pasta dish and salad to my neighbors tonight.  Jan is really under the weather and it felt good to be able to just try and help her out.  When I am sick I don't want to cook.   We visited for awhile on the back deck until the black flies began their evening feeding session.  I had put on my oh so very good bug spray, but just seeing them flying around is not fun!

I have a good weekend planned.  I will be taking a little trip to the coast and also get to shop at the Farmer's Market in Bangor.  I am also making a stop at the Food Coop in Belfast.   And in the non-food area will be stopping at a very lovely yarn store to get yarn for two new projects that I want to work on over the summer! 

Next week has some good hightlights!  Pride Week in Bangor, going to an Pride celebration evening at the Penobscot Theater and the Pride Parade is on Saturday.  I may even be back at the coast as I am on the hunt for some things at the Belfast Farmer's Market! 

There are so many things to love about Maine and I am so very fortunate to be able to explore and enjoy them!  It is Friday.  It has been a good week and next week is going to be even better!

Oh yes....we are approaching the longest day of the year.  I love this time, the late night blue blue sky around the solstice.  Happy week,  happy weekend!

Comments