Skip to main content

This Amazing Spring Trip is heading to Maine! Tomorrow!




I have had a wonderful time staying at my friend Beth's home.  I got to be here for two weeks by myself as she traveled for work, and then this last week we got to share the house!  Such a fun and gracious host.  I have had that throughout my time in Texas, Arizona and now in Minnesota. 

It is a beautiful day here.  The rental car is dropped off.  One suitcase is packed and zipped up, the other has mostly everything in it, just waiting for a few last minute things that will need to be packed before I leave in the morning.  The sun is shining brightly and I am happy that the weather will be marvelous for Myah's Graduation Party~!

I can feel the shift, one more transition and then I am back home in Maine.  I have meetings scheduled, people to visit, errands to run and things to see.  My next week looks Millinocket familiar.  Back to volunteering at the Library, meeting with the KWW Monument staff and others to talk about volunteer time at the Visitor Contact Center, and participating in a variety of planning meetings focused on the future of Millinocket and the Katahdin Region.   I am looking forward to seeing my Maine friends, to catch up, to hear their accent and listen to them tease me about mine.  I am sure my midwest accent will be much more pronounced than when I left in March.  I am smiling as I type.

I am absolutely feeling the joy of such a long, full and fun time away.  I am so very happy to be going home.

As for my "time away" blog,  I think I will see if I can keep it up for awhile.  I am sure that I will have things to say.  I will have travels to share.  I hope that I have the commitment to "just do it".

It is June 1st.  It is Friday.  It is party day.  It is my last day in Minnesota for this trip.  Next time I will land in Minneapolis July 26th.  The travels continue,  my retirement learning is deepening each day,  and I glad to be here right now! 

Next Stop - Millinocket!



Comments