Skip to main content

Wednesday Was Better

I just got home from the Quarterly Katahdin Collaborative Meeting.  It is so fun to be a part of such a fun visioning project!  "Never doubt a small group...." lots of good ideas and things are happening.  Tomorrow afternoon is the public hearing on the Millinocket budget.  The library is asking for a one year increase!!  While I was away they had the first public meeting and 35 people showed up to support the library!  Tomorrow will be the final approval of the budget.   The town council is also voting on the formation of a utility to bring broadband to the area, it is a great proposal and will change the entire foundation of development in our region by bringing really really fast broadband to all residents at a very very reasonable price! 

As I type I am feeling better.  I had an easy day,  took naps and rested.  I also worked out the dates that my friend Marcia is coming for a two week visit!  I got many offers of where I will stay when I go to the WNBA All Star Game in Minneapolis.  I checked in with my brother, his birthday is this weekend.  It was just a not so busy day.

At 5:30 I got picked up for our planning meeting!  It was a good two-hour meeting that included supper!  Now home sweet home! 

I am enjoying replaying the meeting in my head.  I really enjoyed what people said, the mix of folks from all over the region, and the incredible ideas that people shared!  It is Wednesday and I am settling back into my life in Millinocket! 

It's a good place for me to be tonight!  and tomorrow....

Comments