Skip to main content

An Inside Day - Looking Outward and Inward





 I have been postponing putting on my coat and boots and walking to the post office all day long!  It is gray outside and it feels both cold and damp.  I keep getting notifications that the snow will be starting soon, but so far no snow.  

I have spent time doing the daily Sudoku.  I had a good breakfast and then heated up some of the Manhattan clam chowder that I made over the weekend.   My emotions feel very close to the surface.  There is the turmoil of the coming impeachment, the continued acceptance and capitulation of such tragic and dangerous behaviors and then there are my feelings of gratitude for my family, for my friends and for this community that I have become a part.  The year is coming to a close and I often find myself thinking about what has happened in this year, wondering what I will bring into this new year.   Taking time and space to just sit with a feeling, to let a tear fall and a smile grow.  What a gift.  Looking back and going forward.   I have found myself saying more than once this year what will it be like when we spend as much time imagining and visioning and working towards what will become as we do remembering and holding onto the past.  It is challenging to open up to what can be - what I, what we want for ourselves, the young adults, the children, babies and those who have not yet arrived.   While I was rattling around in all these thoughts and wandering around on the internet I found this link of people making music in the deep deep cold and ice.  The sounds were mesmerizing and the act of making the music deeply moving.  

So as this day continues to move us toward the solstice - towards winter darkness I hope you will enjoy the sounds of ice.  It is Tuesday, we are more than half-way through December and there is music in the air , please click on this link: The Coolest Music in the World    

Enjoy.  I am turning off the music and putting on my coat the post office awaits! 

Comments

karenlinkins@gmail.com said…
From puzzlement to adventures in the elements. Delightful musings, MAM!!