Skip to main content

First Day of Hanukkah


The candles are lit as the darkness came tonight.  I took this photo looking from the back of the menorah so I could also get my pagan tree in the picture.  This afternoon my little tree was dropped off and later tonight the lights and ornaments will be put on this sweet little just freshly cut tree.  I have another one planted in the snow in the front yard and i will bring in onto the porch tomorrow and decorate it with lights and more.    We now have a new little blanket of snow it is looking quite wintry out there, and quite cozy inside my house.  

A neighbor stopped by for a cup of tea as I was trying to find the box of lights,  I did manage to sit down and enjoy a little visit but I was flummoxed.   I can absolutely envision the lights but they were no where to be found.  After several attempts to locate them and an inability to just let go - finally I went to the little store in town and bought a few sets of lights.  Tomorrow I will probably find the other strands. 
I have appreciated this time of honoring the season, enjoying the rituals, and sharing with new friends.  

David came by with a bowl of seafood chowder and just the right height to put the topper on the tree.  He put on the lights and then one by one with decorated this little tree that just this afternoon was standing tall and small in the outdoors.  It is just the best little tree and I love the lights and all my most favorite ornaments.  What a wonderful way to begin winter, let there be light in the darkness.

Happy Happy!

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW! What a transformation! Your little tree looks spiffy! Enjoy the season!
Enjoyed the spot of tea with you.